Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tough Days

I've had a couple of bad days. I think I might need to do better about praying in the mornings!

The short ceremony had already happened hours earlier when I arrived there with my kids an hour down the road at the appointed time. Long story short, I went there because my wife's co-worker had called and "guilted" me into it. My wife had rescheduled it, and did not know we were coming.

Then we went to a stuffy lunch with a high ranking officer, and I got in trouble for childish behavior. Hey what can I say, my daughters and I have enjoyed shooting straw wrappers at each other ever since they were little. I didn't know that once a guy made some rank everyone had to stop having fun around him!

Maybe I don't want to go back in the service.

Or, maybe I just need to do better about knowing what behaviors are appropriate in which situations... Could it be that some people don't want to act like little kiddies in front of the big whigs? Hmmm...

Yesterday was the only day off my wife has had for three weeks, and she came home with a whole carfull of stuff from living in a hotel for a while. I had the big idea that it was important to unpack the car and suitcases and get everything washed and put away in one day flat. I could do all the physical stuff like unloading, washing, bla bla bla and she could take it much easier and just put the stuff away. No problem, right?

My wife's idea was that her one day off was for relaxing, vegging out. No problem, right?

Go figure, we clashed... I ruined her plan.

For most of the day I did fairly well at attempting to motivate her towards my production goal despite her having a different picture in her mind of how the day should go, but later on in the afternoon I became unhappy with the lack of progress.

Somewhere I've heard it said that I don't always get to have everything my way right now. Why do I have trouble remembering key things at key times?

No comments: