Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

I had a wonderful holiday, everything was fun. I went to the convention and worked the merchandise room for a few hours, and they had the "alternative" store on Sunday morning. I guess it's something they do every year at the end of the convention. Other areas, regions, etc. bring their merchandise and sell it to convention goers in addition to whatever NCCNA merchandise is still left.

I got posted at the exit door and made attempts to convince customers to use the entrance, which was a longer walk. I wasn't always successful, but it was really fun and I saw a lot of happy people.

Then I went with my wife to a brunch at the Elks lodge that my mom had gotten us tickets for. I have a hard time eating in moderation when confronted with a buffet... Hey, I guess I'm an addict...

But what the heck, lots of yummy food can't be a bad thing, right? It was also very nice to visit with my mom and step-dad and I get to visit them again on Tuesday.

Then we went to see my wife's mom and there was more food. Her sons came by later on after the older one finished work, and we ate again. It was a really fun visit with both the boys and my mother-in-law, we all talked a lot. Then we went to church, kind of...

We go to a thing called Celebrate Recovery. We like it! We were way late and missed the singing and stuff, we showed up right on time for the small groups. But we were both still glad we went, and have missed a few Sundays lately so it felt good to be back.

What a Happy Easter it was for me!

Today, I am getting started taking care of important business. We dropped my wife's car off to be fixed and walked home to get exercise and we have many more mundane chores ahead that we are blessed to be able to do! God is good to us, and Life is Good and Things are Fine!

No comments: