Monday, March 17, 2008

Monday

Yesterday was big fun! I went to the air show but forgot my camera (sorry).

I stayed the night in the motorhome outside the airport by a bend in the road with a view of the gate where I planned to go in. In the morning, some Caltrans guys came and set up a command post there just inside the fence and then some cops came and put traffic cones to block off the area I had parked in. They were nice though, and let me stay parked until I saw cars going in the gate down the road.

I was the fourth vehicle through, and got a prime parking spot where we had a nice view of the airfield. Later on my wife came with her mom and dad, and then some friends of mine showed up in the afternoon. We had a chili dog feast and my mother-in-law made salad and cut up fruit. Yum!

The Blue Angels' Fat Albert plane blew a tire on landing, and then parked right in front of us. We were amazed how many people were in it!

I have a background in military aviation maintenance, and acted like I knew more than I really do the whole time. I told everyone who would listen all about it. Maybe I know a little about Mach numbers and formation flying from my experience turning wrenches, cleaning canopies, riding brakes, adding fluids and changing tires, right?

Have I mentioned I want to go back in the service? I am concerned though that I am getting too old and fat! It's a nice day here maybe I should go bike riding instead of hanging around here in front of my screen...

No comments: