Sunday, March 9, 2008

Fun Night

I spent the whole day yesterday helping a friend move, and finally got home to my daughters an hour or two before dark. So, I decided to indulge our pizza craving and we went to Mountain Mike's. After that we went to a couple of local dollar stores looking for a thing to play iPod through my truck's tape player because our old one broke. We couldn't find one but got a bouncy ball instead.

Then we went to my favorite coffee shop and sat in a meeting. The chairperson closed by showing us the miracle of NA, which I found inspiring... Check it out... First, she asked how many uf us wanted to become drug addicts when we grew up, and no one raised their hands. Then she asked how many were happy with who we have become today, and the roomful of hands (including mine) went up. Wow.

After the meeting I helped re-stack the chairs, and then found my daughters outside up the walkway a ways playing with the bouncy ball. While we waited for the kareoke to be set up, we played "monkey in the middle" for half an hour or so and it was really fun! I think that ball was the best $1.07 I ever spent.

Then we watched kareoke for about 1 1/2 hours. If you've never seen sober people doing kareoke, you should some time it is so fun. I finally overcame my irrational fear of singing badly, and did it! I was nervous but had fun, and my daughters cheered me wildly afterwards.

Some of the people in our fellowship around here sing very well, and at least one guy I know is even a professional. Others, of course, sing like crap and the kids seem to want to sing too and mostly suck at it, but it is still fun to watch. Our favorite moment: One guy couldn't hit a note in his song at all and gave up partway through but the DJ had stepped outside, so the roomful of people started singing along with the music which was still playing. Towards the end, the guy stepped back up and finished the song! And, he could actually sing!

No comments: