Thursday, March 6, 2008

Challenges, Faith, 9th Step

I have been reading stuff for days. It seems like the web is full of work-at-home ideas and get rich quick schemes. It reminds me of those times when I was told "The dope man don't like strangers, so you give me the money and wait right here. I'll go around the corner, and be right back with the sack, ok?"

I can't afford to buy in to most of these schemes. Best I can tell though, there are legitimate ways to get paid for working at home, and with my honed skeptic's eye I will move forward and try to swim with the sharks. The good news is that I have time, I'm not desperate (yet). I can afford to swim slowly, and endure a couple of bites along the way. I am making the Leap of Faith!

Oh, and I spent several hours with my daughters and ex wife yesterday. I picked the girls up from school and the ex fed me dinner and we watched American Idol. I chickened out of making my amends to them all... All three of them made the 8th step list, and I've reviewed with my sponsor and I'm supposed to be doing this thing, but so far I've only spoken to my wife. I haven't done the letters for the ones I'm supposed to write about either...

I have been a notorious stepwork slacker at times in the past, and the serenity level in my life has been adversely affected. Duh. I need to get busy, despite my mind racing all the time with new ideas and dreams about what my new life and career might look like.

No comments: