Saturday, March 8, 2008

Busy

Wow. I am really blessed!

I went to an awesome dinner last night with my wife and her pals from her reserve unit. As we arrived there I remembered it was six months ago tonight (Sep 8th, '07) that we had been there together the evening she left for Iraq. For a most of the six months since, she was deployed.

Tomorrow I get to go watch her re-enlist, and enjoy another get together with her (our) pals. My own re-enlistment was fraught with peril, and sure enough I got popped a couple years later... I don't miss having to fear the consequences of using! I want to go back in the service.

Today I helped my friend move, and finally got to meet his wife. She is wonderful, she puts up with him! I am a little sad he is moving so far to Galt, a town forty(ish) miles away. I hope to still see him at our home group most Monday nights.

No comments: